Best Wedding Songs 2020: The Ultimate Playlist For Every Moment Of The Day
Whether you’re the bride-to-be or groom-to-be, you know that every detail of your wedding must be legen– wait for it- dary! And that includes the wedding songs.
And since you need a great soundtrack for your perfect fairy tale ending, we have curated the Ultimate Wedding Music Playlist of 2020 for each key moment in your special day. Without further ado, let’s start!
Getting Ready Wedding Songs
We know your wedding morning can get a little overwhelming. Playing fun pre-wedding tunes can help you relax and stay in the moment while you’re getting ready. Step into your dress or suit in style and get pumped for the big moment. Forget about any last-minute stress you may have and shake it off with the wedding playlist songs below.
- Black Magic by Little Mix
- Bang Bang by Jessie J, Ariana Grande, Nicki Minaj
- Super Bass by Nicki Minaj
- Run the World (Girls) by Beyoncé
- Fancy by Iggy Azalea ft. Charli XCX
- Promiscuous by Nelly Furtado ft. Timbaland
- Boss B*tch (from Birds of Prey: The Album) by Doja Cat
Wedding Ceremony Songs
It’s always a good idea to keep your guests entertained while waiting for the ceremony to begin. This way, they won’t have to sit there in complete silence, and they’ll be more comfortable. Having some pre-wedding ceremony songs will definitely set the mood while everything’s ready for your special moment.
- I See The Light (Piano & String Version) – Tangled – by Sam Yung
- Ho Hey by The Lumineers
- Canon in D (Pachelbel’s Canon) – Cello & Piano by Brooklyn Duo
- Love by Lana Del Rey
- Beauty and the Beast (Instrumental Philharmonic Orchestra Version)
- Rewrite the Stars – Violin/Cello Version (from the Greatest Showman) by The Piano Guys
The look in his eyes when he finally sees you in your wedding dress is a memory you’ll treasure forever. Make your big entry to the beat of the most romantic wedding songs to walk down the aisle to. Have everyone keep some tissues handy because these bride entrance songs will soften even the toughest of guests.
- I Choose You by Ryann Darling
- I See the Light (From “Tangled”) by Mandy Moore, Zachary Levi
- Marry Me by Train
- A Thousand Years, Pt. 2 by Christina Perri ft. Steve Kazee
- Beautiful In White by Shane Filan
- Perfect Duet (with Beyoncé) by Ed Sheeran
- I Do (Cherish You) by Mark Wills
- Why I Love You by MAJOR.
Every grand finale moment needs an anthem. As you leave the altar with your partner for life, celebrate with an energetic tune to keep the fun going. Show how happy you feel to be newlyweds. These upbeat wedding ceremony exit songs are the ultimate declaration of triumph. You’re now husband and wife!
- I Lay My Love On You by Westlife
- Youth by Troye Sivan
- My Love by Westlife
- Unconditionally by Katy Perry
- Where My Love Goes by Lawson
- Everything I Need (Film Version) by Skylar Grey
- Two Is Better Than One by Boys Like Girls
Songs For Wedding Reception
Wedding Party Entrance Songs
As the wedding guests settle in at the venue, they expect the couple to arrive and dance the night away. Kick-off your reception by making a big entrance your guests will never forget. Get the party started with one of these ideas for wedding songs. Step in with the right foot and get all set to have some fun.
- Crazy Little Thing Called Love by Queen
- Uptown Girl by Billy Joel
- The Other Side by SZA, Justin Timberlake
- Let’s Move Your Body by Beyoncé
- Just Dance by Lady Gaga ft. Colby O’Donis
- This Feeling (Tim Gunter Remix) by The Chainsmokers ft. Kelsea Ballerini
First Dance Songs
One of the most romantic points of a wedding is, without a doubt, the couple’s first dance together as newlyweds. This special moment calls for a perfect wedding song that’s meaningful for you and your soulmate. Remember all the tunes that have marked your relationship somehow, and pick the most memorable one to make yours forever.
- Stand By Me by Ben E. King
- Amazed by Lonestar
- Conversations in the Dark by John Legend
- Lover by Taylor Swift
- Thinking Out Loud by Ed Sheeran
- 10,000 Hours by Dan + Shay, Justin Bieber
- All of Me by John Legend
- Never Enough by The Greatest Showman
- The Only Exception by Paramore
- Tattoos Together by Lauv
Mother Son Wedding Dance Songs
As the groom, you are starting a new chapter with the love of your life. Nobody’s prouder of you right now than the woman whose support guided you to this moment. Praise your mom on the dance floor and prepare to shed some tears. Check out the sweetest mother-son tunes on this carefully curated list of best mother son wedding songs.
- A Song For Mama by Boyz II Men
- What A Wonderful World by Louis Armstrong
- The Baby by Blake Shelton
- A Mother’s Song by T Carter Music
- You’ll Be In My Heart by Phil Collins
Father Daughter Wedding Songs
Fathers and daughters share an extraordinary bond, but only a handful of songs reflect it accurately. To dad, you’re still his little princess. Show him your appreciation and thank him for being with you on the most important day of your life. We handpicked for you the most loving daddy-daughter wedding songs.
- I Loved Her First by Heartland
- Butterfly Fly Away by Miley Cyrus
- First Man by Camila Cabello
- Daughters by John Mayer
- Dance With My Daughter by Jason Blaine
- Prettiest Girl in the World by Logan Mize
Mother Daughter Wedding Songs
One thing is certain, a bride’s mother treats her girl’s wedding almost as her own. She’s the greatest support through all the planning and excitement that lead towards the big day. She deserves her time to shine at your reception too. There’s no better way to honor mom than dancing with her to one of these beautiful mother-daughter tunes.
- Mama by Spice Girls
- A Mother Like You by JJ Heller
- The Best Day by Taylor Swift
- There You’ll Be by Faith Hill
- Blue by Beyoncé ft. Blue Ivy
- The Mother by Brandi Carlile
Wedding Reception Songs
All the anxiety is now gone, and you’re finally husband and wife. It’s time to kick off your shoes and show off your moves to this epic wedding reception playlist. We’ve made a fun compilation covering everything from the classic party anthems to the newest wedding hits. This playlist is the ultimate crowd-pleaser to dance and sing along to.
- Take On Me by a-ha
- Can’t Help Falling in Love by Elvis Presley
- This Is What You Came For by Calvin Harris ft. Rihanna
- Let’s Move Your Body by Beyoncé
- The Other Side by SZA, Justin Timberlake
- Baby One More Time by Britney Spears
- Hips Don’t Lie by Shakira ft. Wyclef Jean
- Cool for the Summer by Demi Lovato
Bouquet Toss Songs
All single ladies line up. The most awaited moment for the eligible girls at your wedding is about to come. Have fun with your girlfriends as you find out who will be the next bride. Instead of playing drum rolls, musicalize this fun tradition with a playlist of energetic bouquet toss songs. May the best catcher win!
- Don’t Stop Me Now by Queen
- Only Girl (In The World) by Rihanna
- Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) by Beyoncé
- California Gurls by Katy Perry ft. Snoop Dogg
- I Love It by Icona Pop (feat. Charli XCX)
- Hey, Soul Sister by Train
See More: 40+ Bouquet Toss Songs for The Dancing Queens (2020)
Garter Removal Songs
The garter removal adds an extra pinch of excitement at your wedding reception. However, music is essential to set the right mood. Check out the top wedding tunes for the garter toss and removal. Let all the bachelors at your party rejoice to the beat of these sexy wedding songs.
- Careless Whisper by George Michael
- Another One Bites the Dust by Queen
- Dark Horse by Katy Perry ft. Juicy J
- Candyman by Christina Aguilera
- Locked Out Of Heaven by Bruno Mars
- Strip That Down by Liam Payne ft. Quavo
See More: 30+ Garter Removal Songs To Make Your Wedding Reception Even More Fun
Wedding Cake Cutting Songs
No wedding day can be considered complete without cutting the cake. This iconic tradition is one of the most expected moments for all of your guests. Spread sugary sweet love at your reception with this yummy cake-cutting wedding songs playlist that we’ve compiled just for you. Turn the speakers on and let everyone have cake!
- Love Me Like There’s No Tomorrow Freddie Mercury
- Cake By The Ocean by DNCE
- Marry You by Bruno Mars
- Today Was A Fairytale by Taylor Swift
- Something Just Like This by The Chainsmokers & Coldplay
- I Do by Colbie Caillat
Last Dance Wedding Songs
You tossed your bouquet and cut the wedding cake. The night was absolutely lovely, but it’s time for one final spin across the dance floor. Enjoy the last few minutes of your reception and make some extra happy memories. We have the perfect list of last wedding songs to wrap it up in style.
- Mirrorball by Taylor Swift
- Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go by Wham!
- XO by Beyoncé
- A Sky Full Of Stars by Coldplay
- Country Girl (Shake It For Me) by Luke Bryan
- Girls Like You by Maroon 5 ft. Cardi B
- Kissing Strangers by DNCE ft. Nicki Minaj
- ME! by Taylor Swift (feat. Brendon Urie of Panic! At The Disco)
Find the best wedding songs that highlight every significant moment of your special day. A good wedding music playlist will help set the mood, making every single detail more memorable.
Wedding bands and professional DJs can always provide expert advice about picking the best songs for a wedding. However, only you know the ideal tune to give your soulmate chills as you’re walking down the aisle, or the songs that make your guests dance till the world ends.
Consider this your cheat sheet for everything you need to know about wedding songs. Now all you will have to worry about is learning how to dance at a wedding!