20+ Heartfelt One Year Anniversary Quotes for Someone Special (2020)
Are you celebrating a one year marriage anniversary? Then you may be looking for one year anniversary quotes to help you find the right words to say.
If you’re wondering what to write in a 1st anniversary card, look no further than our list of 20 ideas for first anniversary quotes.
The first 365 days after a wedding are important, and that love should be celebrated as such. The first anniversary is also known as paper anniversary, so writing beautiful words in a lovely card is a thoughtful and traditional present.
Whether you’re writing to the love of your life or a special couple, we’ve got you covered. Here are 20+ heart-warming quotes to make someone feel special, loved, and celebrated.
First Anniversary Quotes for Wife
Make your her feel special with these romantic and sentimental 1st year anniversary quotes. Write them on an anniversary card so that she can keep them forever to remember your first wedding anniversary.
- “Grow old along with me! The best is yet to be!” – Robert Browning
- “If I had a flower for every time I thought of you, I could walk through my garden forever.” – Alfred Tennyson
- “To my dear wife, from the moment I married you, love and happiness abound. All that surrounds me is beauty when you are around! Thankful for all the happiness you give me! Happy anniversary!” – Alfred Tennyson
- “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day, so I never have to live without you.” – A. A. Milne
- “A year has flown by, and I didn’t even realize it. Is the rest of our lives together going to run just as smoothly? I hope so.” ~ Anonymous
- “We sat side by side in the morning light and looked out at the future together.” ~ Brian Andreas
- “With that ring, I gave you my heart. I promised from that day forward, you would never walk alone; my heart would be your shelter, and my arms would be your home.” – Anonymous
- “No matter how much time goes by, I’ll never forget the first time you looked at me and how I fell in love.” ~ Anonymous
- “Even after 1 year together, I still get butterflies when I see you. Happy anniversary.” ~ Anonymous
First Anniversary Quotes for Husband
Make your hubby melt on your first wedding anniversary with these inspirational and heartfelt one year quotes. Make him feel confident that your marriage is strong, passionate, and filled with love and care.
- “Spending one year with you in pure bliss equals a thousand years of experiencing all the other pleasures of life.” ~ Anonymous
- “One year ago, you kissed me goodnight for the first time.” ~ Anonymous
- “One year down, the rest of our lives to go.”
- “My heart is, and always will be, yours.” ~ Jane Austen
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength while loving someone deeply gives you courage. Happy first anniversary!” ~ Anonymous
- “The first year was magical, the rest will be the same too. I cherish the warmth of being wrapped, in the love given by you.” ~ Anonymous
- “You are the source of my joy, the center of my world, and the whole of my heart.” ~ Anonymous
- “Forever is a long time, but I wouldn’t mind spending it by your side.” ~ Unknown
- “Our anniversary is just a momentary celebration, but our marriage is a timeless one.” ~ Unknown
First Anniversary Quotes for Couples
Celebrating the love of a special couple? Make their first wedding anniversary important by showing them you care with one of these cute and loving 1 year quotes. Write them on a beautiful wedding anniversary card so they are kept forever.
- “Since first impressions are the last impressions, be sure to celebrate your first anniversary as if it is the most important anniversary of your life. Happy first anniversary.” ~ Anonymous
- “The sweet innocence of your love is profound. In this regard, may maturity be never found. Happy first anniversary.” ~ Anonymous
- “I am afraid that being around a couple as sweet as you will make me diabetic. Happy first anniversary.” ~ Anonymous
- “Take pride in knowing that you possess the kind of love that everyone aspires to one day find. May your hearts always remain as caring and passionate as when you fell in love. Happy Anniversary!”
By using these one year anniversary quotes, you can say ‘Happy first anniversary!’ in a meaningful and warm way. Write them in a card to celebrate the paper anniversary 1 year or speak them aloud in a poignant speech.
Remember, celebrating the first anniversary is an important milestone, as it’s the first of many. Make sure your loved ones know how appreciative you are of them.
In case you are wondering what you should gift your other half or the couple on this occasion, feel free to check out our anniversary gift ideas as well.