94 Mother’s Day Messages To Show Mom How Much You Care
Mother’s Day is a special holiday. It is where children are given the opportunity to show their gratitude to the women who raised them. While selecting the right gift is a must, you should also dedicate time to writing a card for your mom. And it must come with the perfect Mother’s Day messages.
Including the right phrases in your card can be tricky. Your mom has done a lot for you in your life, so you may feel stuck on how to capture what she means to you in words.
There are many ways to go about crafting the right messages for mom.
Whether you aim to write a card for mom, grandma, the mother of your own children, or any special woman in your life, seeing success starts with exploring your options.
To find some inspiration, take a moment to look over some of these Mother’s Day sentiments and learn how to perfectly capture your feelings about the woman who made you who you are today.
[lwptoc depth=”2″ numeration=”none” title=”This article includes:”]
Straightforward Happy Mother’s Day Messages
To kick things off, you may want an idea of a general message you can start with. These ideas will help you express a simple and straightforward sentiment to your mom that she is sure to appreciate.
- “Thank you for every hug, word of encouragement, and act of love you’ve given me. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Now that I’m grown, I realize I don’t just feel gratitude for you—but admiration. I’d want to pattern my life after yours even if you weren’t my mother.”
- “Thank you for laughing with us in the best of times and sticking with us through the worst of times! What would we do without you?”
- “You’re my one and only mom, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Thank you for always being the shining example of what I wanted to be like when I grew up!”
- “As a mom, as a mother-in-law, as a grandma—you’re the best, and we feel so blessed to have you!”
- “My amazing mother: I don’t know what I’d have done without you. Love always.”
- “Thanks for making home the happiest place to be.”
- “To the person who has done more for me than anyone in this world! Love you!”
- “To a great Mom who made every single day growing up special!”
- “As long as you are there to show me the ways, I don’t have to worry about anything. I love you, dear mother. Happy Mother’s Day!”
Funny Mother’s Day Messages
Some moms appreciate a few giggles on special days. If your mom likes to laugh, then consider these funny Mother’s Day greetings to bring a smile to her face as she looks over your thoughtful words.
- “Happy Mother’s Day! I promise today I’ll pick up my room. Maybe.”
- “It’s that time of year and you’re still my mother. You’d think you’d have been promoted by now. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Thanks for bringing me up into a world where love can be expressed electronically.”
- “I wanted to get you something special this Mother’s Day, so I decided to give you some peace and quiet.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, and thank you for your service. We salute you.”
- “Raising me took a lot of patience and strength. Thanks for hanging in there.”
- “I love how we don’t even have to say out loud that I’m your favorite child.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! We wouldn’t be here if it wasn’t for you. Literally.”
- “Mom turned backward is still mom. Mom flipped upside down is wow, as in ‘Wow, your room is actually clean!’ You’d flip if you ever saw my room clean. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “You brought me into this world, and then you protected the world from me. Thanks for keeping everybody safe while I was growing up.”
- “Mom, I can’t even imagine how proud you are of me for remembering to send your Mother’s Day card!”
- “When I think about my childhood, I feel grateful to you for not giving me up for adoption. You truly are my real mother. Happy Mother’s Day!”
Messages for Mom from Son
While you may put a lot of effort into picking the best gifts for mom, the message is equally as important. Here are a few examples of messages for mom from son to help you find the right words.
- “A mother like you is a gift to any son. I feel thankful to God because he gave me such a wonderful mother. I love you now and always!”
- “Every son in this world should have a mother like you! You are just amazing. I love you and Happy Mother’s Day, dear mother!”
- “Happy Mother’s day to the woman who raised me into the man I am today. Love you, Mom!”
- “Mom, from feeding and clothing me, to loving me in the tough times, to helping me succeed in my goals– I owe it all to you.”
- “All the good things in me are what I have seen in you all my life. I’m blessed to have a mother like you. Wish you the happiest Mother’s Day!”
Messages for Mom from Daughter
Many daughters view their moms as best friends and confidants. Tell your mom exactly what she means to you by exploring these ideas for Mother’s Day messages from daughter.
- “We share the best mom and daughter relationship in this world. Thanks for being such a wonderful mother. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the woman who raised me into the strong, independent woman I am today.”
- “You’re the best listener, the best cook, the best friend, the best Mom I could ever ask for. Happy Mother’s day!”
- “I may not be your perfect daughter but I will definitely be a perfect mother to my children. Because you taught me how to be one! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “You have always been the shelter for me. On this very special day, I wish to be the shelter for you for the rest of the life.”
Card Messages for Mother-in-Law on Mother’s Day
Your own mother isn’t the only one to consider this Mother’s Day. Your significant other’s mother is responsible for giving life to the person you love, so take extra care when picking the most thoughtful writings for her card.
- “Thank you for all of your love, laughs, and great advice. I really couldn’t have asked for a better mother-in-law than you!”
- “How lucky am I to have gotten you as a Mother-in-law? Happy Mother’s Day from all of us!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. The day I married your son was the day I gained a wonderful mother-in-law. I am so thankful to have you in my life.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. Thank you for being such a terrific mother-in-law. You are everything a daughter-in-law could hope for!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to my wonderful mother-in-law! Wishing you a fantastic day filled with joy, you deserve it!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. To my mother-in-law that I care about so very much.”
- “From your beautiful smile, your caring ways, and your great personality, I know I could not have asked for a better mother-in-law than you!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. You have made me feel like I fit right into this family from the very start, you truly are a wonderful example of a perfect mother-in-law. You are loved and appreciated!”
- “To My Mother-in-law. Thinking of you on your big day and wishing you have the most fantastic day. You mean so very much to me, and I really appreciate all that you do.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. A great mother-in-law like you deserves to sit back and relax the entire day. This can only happen one day a year, so don’t miss out!”
Mother’s Day Messages for Significant Other
Your wife or partner is a very important person to remember on Mother’s Day. Show your gratitude for all your significant other has done for you and your children by including a sweet and heartfelt message in your card.
- “Because of you, our family and our sweet home are built around generous, selfless love. Thank you for making us all so blessed—especially me.”
- “Creativity, laughter, devotion…there’s so much to admire in the way you do motherhood day in and day out.”
- “You’re more beautiful than ever to me. I love our family, and I love you.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to the best mother and wife in the world. What would we all do without you?”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to a woman who truly does it all! I love you so much! Thank you for everything you do for us!”
- “You’re dependable, wonderful, and full of kindness. You’re my wife, the mother of our children, and one of my best friends. Because of you my life is filled with smiles, beautiful moments, and true love. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “We’ve created this amazing life together. It’s filled with a wonderful love that has made us who we are and has made our family what it is today. I’m so grateful to you for that! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day. Thank you for loving our family so well, for your patience all these years, for your steady hope and quiet strength.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to my lovebird. We’re quite a pair! I’m so thankful for our beautiful family and the love you give us.”
- “Happy Mother’s Day to my beautiful wife. Our family is my greatest joy. Your friendship is my sweetest gift. I love you forever and for always.”
Messages for Grandma on Mother’s Day
Grandmothers hold a special place in the hearts of their children and grandchildren alike. While a gift is a great start, most grandmas have gained the wisdom to understand that a well-worded message is worth far more.
Short Mother’s Day Card Sayings
- “Happy Mother’s Day to our matriarch! Thank you for all the love and work you put into this family!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Grandma. We all love you so much!”
- “It’s too bad they don’t have a Grandmother’s Day, that way we’d have two days a year to celebrate all that you do! Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day! Sorry you had to put up with (parent’s name) for so long!”
- “Happy Mother’s Day, Gram-gram! Thanks for always spoiling me and sneaking me cookies!”
- “Love you, Grandma! Hope you’re surrounded by family this Mother’s Day!”
Long Card Messages for Grandma
- “I know that time has passed and that I am a grown woman now, but I fondly remember those moments in which you pampered me and gave me everything I wanted. My dear granny, I wish you much happiness in your day, the day of the Mothers with all my heart. “
- “When my Mom could not take care of me, she could always count on you, and I remember that by your side I got to enjoy many happy moments. Thank you for everything dear Grandmother, I wish you all the best for Mother’s Day. “
- “When my Mom could not take care of me, she could always count on you, and I remember that by your side I got to enjoy many happy Moments. Thank you for everything dear Grandmother, I wish you all the best for Mother’s Day. “
- “Happy Mother’s Day! You are my grandmother, but by receiving your love I can realize that you must have been a good mother to my father. I wish you all the best on this Mother’s Day. “
- “Dear Grandma, on this day in which we pay a tribute to all mothers, I could not forget about you. Although you are no longer physically among us, we know that from heaven you are still looking after us, so I send you this warm greeting to wherever you may be.”
- “I feel a great admiration for you whenever I think of the great effort you must have made to raise up my mom, aunt and uncle all by your own. I adore you, my beautiful grandmother, and on this Mother’s Day I express my love for you once again.”
Single Mom Messages for Mother’s Day
Being a single mother is a lot of work. If someone special in your life is raising children on her own, an encouraging Mother’s Day message might be exactly what she needs to hear to be reminded why her actions matter.
For Your Mom
- “Dear Mom, the way you have raised us makes you a supermom in every sense. You are not just our Mom but also our Dad. Thank you for giving all the comforts and the happiness in the world. Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day, mom. Love you loads!!!”
- “Being a mother is not easy and being a single mom comes with more responsibilities. Wishing you a warm and wonderful Happy Mother’s Day for being such a caring and loving mother.”
- “When you are a mother, you have to think twice and when you are a father too, you have to think thrice before taking any decision. You make an amazing single mother. Happy Mother’s Day 2020.”
- “With a wonderful mother like you, the need to have a father becomes insignificant as you have played both the roles with amazing ability. Congratulations on being the best mother. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Life is never easy but for a woman like you, no challenges are difficult. Wishing you a very Happy Mother’s Day for being a wonderful single mom who never gave up to tough times.”
- “Having a mother like you is blessing as you are not just a Mom but also a Dad, you are the creator and the savior. Wishing you a beautiful and Happy Mother’s Day. God bless you.”
For A Friend Who is A Single Mom
- “You are truly an inspiration for every woman because you have brought up your kids single-handedly like a hero. May God always impart you all the strength and the happiness to have a wonderful life. Best wishes on Mother’s Day to you.”
- “The way you have raised your child single-handedly, it is truly commendable. You have been a father and mother to your son/daughter. Congratulations on such amazing efforts. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Being a single mother is not easy and the way you have raised your child reflects your unconditional love and care for your kid. Warm wishes to you on Mother’s Day. God bless.”
- “Blessed are those kids who have a mother like you. You are a complete parent, shouldering the roles and responsibilities of a mom and dad. I am extremely proud of you. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “On this day, I would like to congratulate you for being the best mother and also a wonderful father. You have done the best for your children despite all difficulties. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Only a woman like you can be a father and a mother at the same time. Congratulations on raising your children with such patience and responsibility. Happy Mother’s Day 2020 to you.”
Mother’s Day Messages for Mom that Passed Away
Losing a mother can be a very hard experience. When someone you care about has lost his or her mom in the last year, you may wish to send a card in order to let this person know you care.
- “Days are no longer the same because my sunshine is not here with me. I know you are somewhere in the stars showering your blessings on me. Sending you loveliest wishes on Mother’s Day mom. I love you the most and I miss you each and every day.”
- “The skies look beautiful every day because Heaven cannot contain the beauty that you radiate. I miss you mom.”
- “Mom, your memories are my life’s only solace. I miss you. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “Each and every memory that you have left with me is giving me strength to live. Dearest mom, you are not there with me but your love is still fresh in my heart, your affection still brings a smile to my face. With love, wishing you a Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “There is no day when I don’t think of you, there is no occasion on which you are not missed. Every day I wish that you were here. Happy Mother’s Day mom.”
- “Though you are not there with me but you will always be alive in my memories. Sending you my heartfelt wishes on Mother’s Day. Happy Mother’s Day to the world’s best mom. I miss you.”
- “Having born as your son/daughter has been the best thing that happened to me. You are no longer with me but I miss you every day and you will always live in my heart. Happy Mother’s Day to you.”
- “My world is incomplete without you. Though you are not present physically but you will always be there in my heart and in my memories. Sending warm wishes to you on Mother’s Day.”
- “All my life I wanted to grow up but I never realized that me growing up meant you growing old and leaving me one day. I wish I could go back to old times and hug you. Happy Mother’s Day.”
- “My life started with you but you are no longer with me to hold my hand and direct me. I miss you a lot as no person can fill your space in my life. Wishing you a warm Happy Mother’s Day.”
Messages for Sister or Friend on Mother’s Day
Did your sister, cousin, or close friend recently have a baby? A first Mother’s Day can be a milestone moment. Send a card with a sweet message and put a smile on a new mom’s face.
- “To me, you are the reflection of our mother. Everything our mother had; you have them in you too. Wishing you a happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I know you always wanted to be a good mother. Congratulations! You are doing great in it. Wishing you a day of happiness. happy Mother’s Day!”
- “When your kids grow up, they will know how lucky they are for having a mother like you. I’m too proud of you my sister. Happy Mother’s Day!”
- “I can tell from how your kids act that they feel secure, well-grounded and totally loved. Of course they do. They have the best mom ever!”
- “I’m so grateful to have a friend and fellow mom like you in my life. Thank you for helping me deal with all the ups and downs of motherhood!”
- “So glad we’re moms—it’s one more sweet thing to share.”
- “When I’ll become a mother, I’ll surely come to you for tips and suggestions. The way I see it, you have taken the art of motherhood to a whole new level. Happy Mother’s Day!”
What Exactly Should The Message Include?
Determining exactly what you should include in your Mother’s Day messages will come down to your own personal experiences with your mother.
Many people include fond memories from childhood to help mom harken back to simpler times.
You may also wish to include specific examples of lessons she has taught you or major moments you remember where she saved the day.
Besides, you can combine these Mother’s Day sayings with our Mother’s Day quotes to create the perfect message to your mom.
And, of course, don’t forget to mention you love her and wish her a Happy Mother’s Day!
Closing Out the Card
Common ways to close out a message to mom should always include a final reminder of your love.
While saying something like “with love, your daughter” can be sweet, you may also want to consider alternatives.
Those can be like “loads of love,” “much love to you,” or “love you always and forever.”
If you and your mom have a special greeting you use with each other, then definitely add this unique closing to your message.
Mother’s Day Messages Matter
Moms do so much for their children. When Mother’s Day comes around, you don’t want to miss your opportunity to celebrate your mom and tell her exactly what she means to you.
A gift is a wonderful way to get started, as there are countless gift ideas for moms that range from sentimental to practical.
Beyond this, you definitely want to give yourself time to select a card with a personalized message included.
Expressing your gratitude can take many forms. Whether you are looking to send a message that is funny, impactful, or sweet, selecting the best Mother’s Day messages for the women in your life is the perfect way to capture how you feel about the impact they have had on you.
Sign up for the 365Canvas newsletter.
Get notified of the best gift ideas to surprise your loved ones on special occasions.