90+ Father’s Day Messages That Will Definitely Warm His Heart
Father’s Day can often get overlooked in comparison to some of the other holidays. While you might not be grabbing brunch or a dozen roses for that special guy in your life, meaningful Father’s Day messages will show your gratitude for all he has done for you.
Whether a well wishes card for your own father or loving messages to the father or your children, write some thoughtful Father’s Day messages to say thank you.
Struggling to find the right thing to say? This guide will help you write the best Father’s Day messages for that special man in your life.
Happy Father’s Day Messages for Dad
When you get married, you get a whole new family, not just a spouse. If you are lucky enough to be blessed with a wonderful father-in-law, make sure to share your appreciation for him with some lovely Father’s Day greetings.
- “The older I get the more I realize how important it is to have a dad like you. You have provided stability in my life and the love and acceptance I needed. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “There’s no possible way I could pay you back for all that you have done for me growing up, but I greatly appreciate all your hard work raising me. I wouldn’t be who I am today without you.”
- “You aren’t overly expressive, but your actions speak for you. Love you Papa. Sending you warm wishes on Father’s Day.”
- “Wonder how you come to know of all my struggles and come out with wonderful strategies for beating them. In deep gratitude Pops, Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Dad, we love you with all of our hearts! As a father, you’re a leader, a teacher and a friend. Have a happy Father’s Day!”
- “I have always wished to grow up and be just like you! You are the biggest celebrity of my life, Daddy! Wishing you live for a 1000 years!”
- “You are the world’s greatest Dad! As we travel the pathway of life, our love for you grows stronger every day. You deserve a Father’s day that’s filled with all of the things you enjoy!”
- “You’ve been there through my highs and lows, but always made me feel like I could soar! Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Happy Father’s Day. I may not ever fill your shoes completely, dad, but if I’m half the man you are some day, at least I’ll know I’ve tried.”
- “Happy Father’s Day. You’ve always had the biggest heart, dad. I’ve learned so much from you: patience, kindness, strength & courage. I love you so much, today and always!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the best dad in the world. No matter how old we get, you’ll always be our first love. Have an amazing celebration!”
Messages from Son
Father’s and their sons share a special kind of connection for a lifetime. As his son, make sure your father knows how much he means to you with some of these happy Father’s Day quotes from a son.
- “Dad, you’re still the one I think of first when I have a question about something or when I just need some support and good advice. Thank you for always being there for me.”
- “God gave me such a good gift when he gave me you for a father.”
- “Dad, you know that I like Batman, and Superman’s cool too, but I don’t really need them as long as I have you! Happy Father’s day to my super Dad!”
- “Hey Dad, I got a present for you. I stole your To-Do list from Mom. All you need to do is rip it up. Just don’t tell mom, okay? Happy Father’s day!”
- “Thanks for acting like a kid when I was a kid, acting like a friend when I needed a friend, and acting like a parent when I needed one. You are the best man I know. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “My father is a man of few words. And that’s alright. Because a few words is all it takes for him to make me happy, calm me when I am crying, and teach me the right lessons for my life.”
- “Sons become strong men from the influence of their father. Happy Father’s Day, Dad!”
- “When I was growing up, I looked up to you. Now I’m grown you’re still the best role model.”
- “When I was a kid, my father told me every day, “You’re the most wonderful boy in the world, and you can do anything you want to.” Happy Father’s Day to my dear father!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the best dad ever! You’re not just my father, but one of my closest friends.”
Messages from Daughter
No matter how big a daughter gets, she will always hold a place in her father’s heart at daddy’s little girl. Make sure to let him know that you are still his baby girl, even if you’re too big for his lap.
- “It doesn’t matter how many years go by. In my mind, you’ll always be that same amazing person who taught me how to ride a bike, helped me with my homework, and scared away the monsters in my room. Happy Father’s Day, Dad. Thanks for being awesome!”
- “The older I get, the more I realize how many sacrifices you made to make my life better! I can never thank you enough for everything you have done for me! I love you, Daddy.”
- “The happiest moment of my life was when I was born. Because I had the privilege to be my father’s daughter.”
- “You are the role model that I always look up to, daddy. Everyone keeps telling me that superheroes don’t exist, but they haven’t met you yet. You take care of so many things and yet find the time to love me. Thank you so much, Daddy.”
- “Dear Dad, one day I hope I find a prince, but you’ll always be my king!”
- “Happy Father’s Day to the man who put the fear into all my dates and still treats me like a princess!”
- “No matter how many years go by, Dad, I’ll always be that same little girl who loves you with all her heart. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Dad, for all those times I life it unsaid. Thank you. Thanks for being there for me, for showing me the way, for being patient with me even when I made it difficult for you, for believing in me and encourage me to dream, and being such an inspiring presence in my life.”
- “You’re my one and only dad, and I’ll always have a special place in my heart for you. Happy Father’s Day.”
- “Fathers, be your daughter’s 1st love and she’ll never settle for anything less.”
- “Silly, sweet, always there to make me smile. That’s why you’ll always be my Prince Charming, Dad. Happy Father’s Day!”
Messages from Wife
Father’s Day is a great time to share your love and appreciation for your husband, partner, or father of your children. Show him your love with these sentimental quotes for a Father’s Day card from his wife.
- “It takes a man of gentleness, patience, strength, and compassion to set the fine example of fatherhood that you have. Happy father’s day to my handsome Husband and the sweet Father of my children.”
- “Life has given us a wonderful family, a happy home, and love for each other. Most importantly, it has given us each other. I am so grateful to have you as my husband. Happy Father’s Day.
- “Happy Father’s Day to the man of my heart, the father of our children, the love of my life. I love our family and I love you!”
- “Life has given us a wonderful family, a happy home, and love for each other. Most importantly, it’s brought us together. I am so grateful to have you as my husband.”
- “The place that you hold in my mind is as big as the place that you hold in my heart.”
- “Our hearts are knit together in love. Our lives are built on that love, peace, and happiness. Our children are blessed because of that love. We must be doing something right.”
- “You were there holding my hand on our first date, holding my hand during the birth of our babies, and now you continue to hold my hand through this beautiful thing we call life. I can’t imagine anyone else being there to hold my hand, Happy Father’s Day.”
- “I still get butterflies when I see you interact with our children, thank you for being such an amazing father and husband. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Your love reflects in the eyes of our children, they beam with joy when you enter the room. I adore you and am so blessed to have a respectful, hardworking husband. Happy Father’s Day.”
- “Life smiles me at every day since I’m by your side, we are blessed with very cute children who are happy to have their dad with them, congratulations on your day. Happy Father’s Day!”
Funny Father’s Day Messages
If you have a father in your life that is full of humor, always telling bad dad jokes, then these funny Father’s Day messages are for him. Whether from a child or spouse, these messages are sure to have him cracking up.
- “You can tell what was the best year of your father’s life, because they seem to freeze that clothing style and ride it out.
- “Even though I’m proud my dad invented the rear-view mirror, we’re not as close as we appear.”
- “Father’s Day is important because, besides being the day on which we honor Dad, it’s the one day of the year that Brookstone does any business.”
- “Smile because you are my father. I laugh because there is nothing you can do about it.
- “I hope this Father’s Day is as fun as before you had kids.
- “Dad, thanks for responding to my Father’s Day text after I texted mom to tell you to look at your phone
- “Thank you for the kind of open-minded father who disapproves of me regardless of my sexual orientation.
- “Dad, I might be all grown up, but I’m still your financial burden. Wanna take me out to dinner to celebrate? Happy Father’s Day!”
- “Thank you for loving us slightly more than Monday Night Football. Well, at least as much as.”
- “Dad, I want you to know that mom couldn’t possibly have divorced a better guy.”
Inspirational Father’s Day Messages
While it’s great to give that special guy in your life loving, sappy, and funny messages, don’t be afraid to send a little inspiration. Don’t forget to tell him how much he has helped make you the person you are today!
- “Thank you for working as hard as you do every day to provide for us. You always make time for me when you’re home from work and I love hanging out with you. I hope you have a fabulous Father’s day.”
- “Thank you for everything that you have given me. You’ve always been there for me as a dad and best friend as well. There is no other bond like ours. I love you dad!”
- “Thank you for all the sacrifices you make for our family and all the joy and love you bring into our lives. We couldn’t have asked for a better Dad! Happy Father’s day.”
- “Whenever I would fail, you were there to pick me up and put me back on right path. Without you, I wouldn’t be where I am today. Happy Father’s Day, Dad. Thanks for everything.”
- “To my dearest Dad: You are my compass. Thanks for always showing me the right path and for guiding me in the right direction. Happy Father’s Day, I love you.”
- “Dad, your light guides this family and holds us together. As you get older I want you to know that I am there for you too, through thick and thin. On this special day, relax and forget your worries. Happy Father’s day!”
- “Dad, You mean the world to me. There’s no one else on earth like you. You care so completely, give so quietly, and love so deeply. As the years pass, I realize more and more just how lucky I am to have a Dad as wonderful as you. Happy Father’s Day!”
For Someone Who is Like a Father to You
Father’s Day isn’t just about celebrating the man who helped bring you into this world.
If you were lucky enough to have a few father-figures in your life, an uncle, Godfather, or coach, let them know how much they mean to you with these following Father’s Day messages.
- “Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me. You’ve influenced me so much throughout the years.”
- “I learn more from you each and every year. Thank you for being such a loving individual and playing an important role in my life.”
- “Thank you for your encouragement, for your love and support. I am so fortunate to have a [grandpa/uncle/mentor] like you.”
- “I hope it doesn’t come as a surprise that I’m thinking of you today. After all, you’ve cared about me almost like a father.”
- “You’ve always gone above and beyond to support me and celebrate important times in my life. That’s why I’m thinking of you with special gratitude on Father’s Day.”
- “Having you in my life has made all the difference in the world to me.”
- “Happy Father’s Day to my wonderful godfather. My parents couldn’t have picked a better (or funnier!) man for the job!”
- “Just wanted to recognize you on Father’s Day for being such a caring and positive influence in my life. I’m more grateful than you could ever know.”
- “With love and thanks for an amazing man I’ll always look up to.”
- “Thinking of you on Father’s Day, Uncle ___, and feeling so grateful that we’re family.”
Messages for Brother or Friend on Father’s Day
Share how proud you are to call that special guy your brother or a true friend on Father’s Day by letting him know what a stellar dad they are. These Father’s Day messages are loving and sprinkled with a bit of humor.
- Not only are your kids lucky to have you for a dad. I was lucky to have you for a brother first! Happy Father’s Day, Bro!
- To my dearest brother, you are such an amazing father to your wonderful kids. I hope you spend today doing something you’ve always wanted to do!
- You’re a good dad and a good friend.
- Wishing a great day to the father of a few of my favorite nieces!
- I always knew that you’d make a fantastic dad. So glad to say I TOLD YOU SO! Happy Father’s Day!
- I can tell from how your kids act that they feel happy and totally loved. Of course they do. They have an awesome dad!
- Have I mentioned how much I enjoy your kids? Way to raise ’em right!
- I always knew you’d be a great dad someday. Happy Father’s Day to my favorite brother and a father whose irreplaceable to his kids.
- You’re my little brother, and I love to tease you, but here’s one thing I’d never tease you about: You’re doing a great job as a dad to your little girl. So proud of you!
- Hope Father’s Day brings you some time to relax and geek out in your favorite ways.
Father’s Day Wishes
Looking for a few more general Father’s Day quotes? Here is a list of Father’s Day wishes for any man or father-like figure in your life. These work great as messages from young children as well.
- On a father scale of 1 to 10, I give you a million. Thanks a million Dad!
- Hats off to the greatest father ever!
- Dad, You’re my favorite parent. If you tell Mom, I’ll deny I ever said it and you know who she’ll believe.
- Dad, you work so hard, you need a vacation from all life’s stress, demands, and overbearing egos I’ll try to get out of the house for a while.
- To the world’s greatest dad – ok, the sample size is limited, but I think you’re very deserving.
- Hopefully this Father’s Day will provide you as much fun as before you had kids.
- Look, no one said raising me was going to be easy. You just made it look that way!
- Dad, you were the first one to make dark socks and sandals look cool. You fashion icon, you!
- Dad, You’ve always done what’s best for me even if I didn’t understand it at the time, which isn’t to say I understand it now, either, but I’ll take your word for it.
Father’s Day Messages For Your Son
Father’s Day messages are not just for the father figures in your life. If you have a son, then share with him how proud you are of him and how great of a father you think he has become.
- “Our family has a tradition of strong, devoted fathers, and son, you are no exception! Keep up the great work being a great dad!”
- “I remember when you were in diapers and now you’re changing them. Wishing you a day of relaxation because you’ve been a great father all year long!”
- “I couldn’t have asked for a better son for better grandkid! I’m so proud of the man you’ve become. Happy Father’s Day!”
- “It seems like just yesterday you were a little boy yourself, now you are raising littles of your own. Love seeing you as a big strong dad now!”
You’re sure to have no shortage of heartfelt and creative Father’s Day messages with these quotes.
Whether for your father, grandfather, step-father, partner, friend or father-like figure, they are sure to cherish the messages you give them.
These sweet sayings are perfect for card greetings or even sending in a quick text or email to that special guy in your life. Share your gratitude with him with these cute Father’s Day wishes now!
January 10, 2020
December 09, 2019
Sign up for the 365Canvas newsletter.
Get notified of the best gift ideas to surprise your loved ones on special occasions.