Anniversary Wishes: Short And Sweet Messages For Any Couples
Whether it has only been 365 days or years since the time you first cheerfully proclaimed ‘I do,’ wedding anniversaries are always the most special time of the year for a couple. Even if you always know the right things to say, when it comes down to anniversary wishes, you just can’t seem to find the perfect words. And anniversary gifts, no matter how wonderful, always seem bland without a heartfelt wish.
However, it’s time for you to stop stressing out!
This step-by-step guide on making the best anniversary wishes will help you take your partner’s breath away. And we also craft an example that you can easily follow.
Essentials of an Anniversary Card
- Greetings: You know that the card is meant for your spouse, but your spouse might not feel properly addressed. Greetings that involve nicknames add a uniquely romantic flavor to the card!
- Personalized message: Start off with that inside joke that cracks your partner up every single time or mention any moment that means the world to you two.
- Anniversary wishes: This is the most important part of the card. Read on for examples of some of the best wishes for him and for her.
- Quotes: Advice or sentiments that resonate with you and your relationship with your spouse can add a poetic and classy effect to your card. You can refer to our resources for anniversary quotes for her and him.
Apart from quotes, you can get creative with your anniversary card by adding some simple anniversary poems.
- Wedding milestone: Remind your spouse of all the years you two have been together!
- Happy anniversary chant: You just can’t miss this out on an anniversary card, can you?
- End with love: Closing the card with warmth will leave your partner in a trance for a long time. And that’s exactly what you want! Before signing your name, say something that they would love to hear.
Tips to Make your Anniversary Card Stand Out
- Handwritten wish: There is nothing more romantic than handwritten anniversary wishes or messages. It adds the kind of emotional touch that typed words just can’t.
- Speak from the heart: Your brain may not know what to write, but your heart definitely does. Let it all flow out without any restrictions. Narrate the tales of your heart and see the magic!
- Add details: Your spouse already knows how much you love them. Go into details. Tell them how you fell in love, what do you love about them, etc.
- Add a letter or note: Too much to write and no space left? Consider adding a letter or note inside the card with all the things you want your significant other to know.
Anniversary Wishes for Him
You have only known rainbows and sunshine since the day he stepped into your life. But he is oblivious to this. The following exemplary anniversary wishes will guide you on expressing all that’s in your heart.
- Thank you for being my husband, my partner, my lover and my best friend. Happy anniversary!
- All these years, you have been amazing. As a dad to our kids and as my lover, I have been happy in your arms and I could see that we’ll be happier for the rest of our days. Thank you for everything. Happy anniversary, my darling.
- Marriage is a relationship in which one is always right and the other is the husband!
- On our anniversary, I want you to know how much I’ve enjoyed annoying you all this time and how excited I am to keep doing so in the future.
- Another year to create precious memories together. Another year to discover new things to enjoy about each other. And another year to strengthen a marriage that defines forever. Happy anniversary!
- How lucky am I to have a man like you in my life? Here’s to many more years of love and happiness together.
Anniversary Wishes for Her
Her smile brightens up your day and her laugh curbs all your pain. Only if she could peak into your heart and know exactly what she means to you. The following are examples of wishes that are sure to give your wife a peak into your heart.
- If I had my life to live over again…next time I would find you sooner so that I could love you longer. Happy Anniversary to us!
- I feel so lucky to have a wonderful woman – a woman that made my life complete, a woman that makes my day by the time I wake up until I get home from work. I love you so much.
- I’ll love you even when we’re old and wrinkly. Happy anniversary!
- Being with you makes me feel like our anniversary is every single day. I have been blessed with you by my side, and I cherish you. I love you. Happy anniversary.
- You have made me a better person by loving me for who I am. Thank you for being there for me always. Happy anniversary darling!
- I don’t know where I’d be without you, and I never want to find out. Here’s to many years of love and happiness ahead!
Anniversary Quotes You Don’t Want to Miss!
Sometimes, for anniversary wishes, the words said by others encapsulate all that we ever wanted to say. They say out loud what we haven’t been able to articulate. And hence, it’s a good idea to let them guide your message.
- “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
- “I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you every day that I hold you as high as the stars.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
- “I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. And I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Anonymous
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You will always be my forever.” – Anonymous
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
We also have a separate article on anniversary quotes for her, don’t forget to check it out!
An Example of Anniversary Wishes
To Dearest Anna,
Can you believe that it has been 7 years since we ran into each other at the railway station and that awkward silence that followed?
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” These words hang on our wall for years now but have never rung more true than they do now. I love you, Anna and I can’t tell you how permanent and absolutely necessary part you have become to my existence.
Here’s to a lifetime of togetherness!
You have gone through some testing times, celebrated the good ones, quarreled over petty things – all of which have made you two inseparable. With this guide, you are now ready to write the best anniversary wishes as an acknowledgment of all the blissful moments of your married life!