Anniversary Wishes: What To Write In An Anniversary Card
Whether it has only been 365 days or years since the time you first cheerfully proclaimed ‘I do,’ wedding anniversaries are always the most special time of the year for a couple. Even if you always know the right things to say, when it comes down to anniversary wishes, you just can’t seem to find the perfect words. And anniversary gifts, no matter how wonderful, always seem bland without a heartfelt wish.
However, it’s time for you to stop stressing out!
This step-by-step guide on making the best anniversary wishes will help you take your partner’s breath away. And we also craft an example that you can easily follow.
Essentials of an Anniversary Card
- Greetings: You know that the card is meant for your spouse, but your spouse might not feel properly addressed. Greetings that involve nicknames add a uniquely romantic flavor to the card!
- Personalized message: Start off with that inside joke that cracks your partner up every single time or mention any moment that means the world to you two.
- Anniversary wishes: This is the most important part of the card. Read on for examples of some of the best wishes for him and for her.
Quotes: Advice or sentiments that resonate with you and your relationship with your spouse can add a poetic and classy effect to your card. You can refer to our resources for anniversary quotes for her and him.
Apart from quotes, you can get creative with your anniversary card by adding some simple anniversary poems.
- Wedding milestone: It is a great accomplishment when a couple reaches a wedding milestone, like a 50th wedding anniversary. Whether it is one year or a 25th wedding anniversary, each of these milestones is special and should be joyfully celebrated.
- Happy anniversary chant: You just can’t miss this out on an anniversary card, can you?
- End with love: Closing the card with warmth will leave your partner in a trance for a long time. And that’s exactly what you want! Before signing your name, say something that they would love to hear.
Tips to Make your Anniversary Card Stand Out
- Handwritten wish: There is nothing more romantic than handwritten anniversary wishes or messages. It adds the kind of emotional touch that typed words just can’t.
- Speak from the heart: Your brain may not know what to write, but your heart definitely does. Let it all flow out without any restrictions. Narrate the tales of your heart and see the magic!
- Add details: Your spouse already knows how much you love them. Go into details. Tell them how you fell in love, what do you love about them, etc.
- Add a letter or note: Too much to write and no space left? Consider adding a letter or note inside the card with all the things you want your significant other to know.
Anniversary Wishes for Husband
Looking for the perfect anniversary wish to write on that special card to your husband? Make sure that he knows how much you love and cherish him with these thoughtful anniversary wishes for husbands.
- From the day we met, until the day we said, “I do,” right up until now I’ve always known you were the perfect man for me. Happy Anniversary, my love!
- Wow! Today, I realized how quickly time flies. it seems like it was just yesterday that we got married. I adore you so much. Here’s to you! Happy anniversary, sweetheart!
- From the sun that rises in the morning to the sun that sets in the evening, You mean everything to my life. My life is incomplete without you. Happy Anniversary!
- Relationships as amazing as ours don’t just happen by accident. They’re carefully nurtured and treasured. Thank you for working so hard to make our marriage beautiful! I love you!
- Here’s to growing old together, hand in hand; being each other’s partner in crime. Happy Anniversary, dear husband.
- Thank you for holding me through everything and anything. I love you my dear husband, happy anniversary!
Anniversary Wishes for Wife
Your wife can never hear enough how special she is to you. Use one of these anniversary wishes for your wife on a card or alongside a dozen roses to show her how much you care.
- Every day I spend with you I am reminded of how blessed I am to have such a great woman like you by my side. Happy anniversary to us my dear
- Like a lock without its key, my life would be useless without you in it. Happy anniversary, my beautiful wife
- Never before in my life have I considered myself a lucky person. That is until I met you. You make my life better. I love you, happy anniversary!
- My dear wife, you are so beautiful, romantic, loving, kind and caring. Words are not enough to express how much you mean to me. I thank you for one more lovely year of marriage.
- I am one of the few lucky men in this world who can say that my best friend, girlfriend, and wife are the same woman. Happy anniversary!
- I wish our love grows higher than the mountain, wider than the sky, brighter than the moon and warmer than the sun. Happy anniversary my dear.
Anniversary Wishes for Parents
You may not have been there when their relationship started, but you have been there at their worst and their best. Make sure your parents know how much their anniversary also means to you with these loving anniversary wishes for parents.
- You were great as parents You were great as a guide. Your togetherness makes me happy. It makes me feel proud. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad.
- Because of you two, I believe that there’s a love that’s true. Thank you for loving each other, and for teaching us the real meaning of marriage. Happy anniversary, mom and dad!
- My sweet parents, thank you for always seeing the best in each other and teaching me that Love conquers all. Congratulations on another anniversary.
- Happy anniversary to the most wonderful parents in the world. I will be forever fans of your love story. Stay in love, you two!
- No words can describe my wishes for you my dear parents, Which comes from the heart that’s true! Happy wedding anniversary!
Anniversary Wishes for Friends
You have been there for your friends through thick and thin, maybe even from the very beginning. Share with them how special you think their relationship is with a few of these anniversary wishes for friends.
- Yours is a love we all dream of. Happy anniversary my lovely friends!! May your marriage continue to prosper forever.
- Watching the two of you is so inspiring. You are one of the most beautiful couples I have been honored to meet and know. I wish you all the best as you begin another year of your life together. Happy anniversary.
- I’m so happy for you, guys! I’ve never seen such a perfect match. I know that your love will last forever, and I will always be there to celebrate it. Your lives are connected in the most magical way. Congratulations on your anniversary!
- Best Wishes to a beautiful couple! May the freshness of your love remain in your hearts forever.
- In life’s adventure, may happiness be your destination? Cheers!
- Another year of being together, That’s for a record, I must say. You guys rock! Stay in love with each other. Happy Anniversary!
- On this special day, I wish you that your love grows stronger and blooms year by year!
Anniversary Wishes for Beloved Ones
Whether it is your aunt and uncle, cousins, or other beloved family members; these anniversary wishes for a couple make writing an anniversary card so easy! Now all you need to do is find the perfect card.
- The years will pass but I wish that the love between you both only grows stronger as time passes by. Happy Anniversary!
- May your love grow like wildflowers, and happy anniversary to an amazing couple!
- Falling in love is easy, but staying in love is something different. You did it. Happy Anniversary!
- May you continue to be a wonderful husband and wife to each other. Wishing you nothing but happiness, love, and joy in the years ahead.
- Wishing you a lifetime of happiness. Happy Anniversary to my favorite couple.
- An anniversary is a day of celebrating the memories of yesterday, the joys and today and the lovely hopes of tomorrow. Happy anniversary
Anniversary Quotes You Don’t Want to Miss!
Sometimes, for anniversary wishes, the words said by others encapsulate all that we ever wanted to say. They say out loud what we haven’t been able to articulate. And hence, it’s a good idea to let them guide your message.
- “Grow old with me, the best is yet to be.” – Robert Browning
- “I will spend an eternity loving you, caring for you, respecting you, showing you every day that I hold you as high as the stars.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Real love stories never have endings.” – Richard Bach
- “Love looks not with eyes, but with the mind, and therefore is winged Cupid painted blind.” – William Shakespeare
- “I didn’t fall in love with you. I walked into love with you, with my eyes wide open, choosing to take every step along the way. And I do believe in fate and destiny, but I also believe we are only fated to do the things that we’d choose anyway. And I’d choose you; in a hundred lifetimes, in a hundred worlds, in any version of reality, I’d find you and I’d choose you.” – Anonymous
- “You don’t love someone for their looks, or their clothes, or for their fancy car, but because they sing a song only you can hear.” – Oscar Wilde
- “You will always be my forever.” – Anonymous
- “If I know what love is, it is because of you.” – Herman Hesse
We also have a separate article on anniversary quotes for her, don’t forget to check it out!
Funny Anniversary Quotes
Have an anniversary come up for a fun couple? Then appeal to their inner jokester with these funny anniversary quotes. Perhaps this is a gift for your significant other or a friend couple. Either way, these funny anniversary quotes will have them rolling on the floor laughing.
- “In my house, I’m the boss, my wife is just the decision-maker”.– Woody Allen
- “Marrying for love may be a bit risky, but it is so honest that God can’t help but smile on it.”Josh Billings
- “Husbands are the best people to share a secret with because they never listen anyway.”– Jim Carrey
- “A good marriage would be between a blind wife and a deaf husband.-Michel De Montaigne”
- “Marriage is a lot like the army, everyone complains, but you’d be surprised at the large number that re-enlists.” – James Garner
- “Behind every great man – there’s a woman rolling her eyes.” – Jim Carrey
- “For Marriage to Be a Success, Every Woman and Every Man Should Have Her and His Own Bathroom.’ The End.– Catherine Zeta-Jones
- “When someone is murdered, the police investigate the spouse first. That tells you everything you need to know about marriage.”– Katharine Hepburn
An Example of Anniversary Wishes
To Dearest Anna,
Can you believe that it has been 7 years since we ran into each other at the railway station and that awkward silence that followed?
“Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.” These words hang on our wall for years now but have never rung more true than they do now. I love you, Anna and I can’t tell you how permanent and absolutely necessary part you have become to my existence.
Here’s to a lifetime of togetherness!
Sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what to say to that special someone on their anniversary. But we hope that our list of anniversary wishes in this article can inspire you!
Sign up for the 365Canvas newsletter.
Get notified of the best gift ideas to surprise your loved ones on special occasions.